Creamy Salmon Soup
Let me introduce you to one of my all-time favorite comfort dishes – Creamy Salmon Soup. Trust me, if you haven’t tried it yet, you’re in for a treat, especially if you’re a salmon lover!
The Salmon Magic
Salmon, often hailed as the “king of fish,” not only graces our plates with its delicious flavor but also packs a a lot of nutritional goodness.
Bursting with omega-3 fatty acids, high-quality protein, and an array of essential vitamins and minerals, salmon stands out as a nutritional powerhouse that offers a multitude of health benefits.
Let’s talk about that creamy base – a combo of heavy cream and broth. It’s like a silky, luxurious blanket for your ingredients, creating a texture that’s just so comforting! Trust me; you’ll want to savor every spoonful.
Nowhere without veggies
We’re not stopping at just salmon and cream. Oh no! Throw in some aromatic veggie like onions, potatoes and carrots. Plus, it’s a sneaky way to make you feel a bit healthier while enjoying something that tastes this good.
Creamy Salmon Soup
- 1.5 l fish stock if you'd like the soup to have less of that "fishy" taste you may add 0.5l of fish stock and 1l of vegetable stock.
- 500 g salmon
- 250 g heavy cream
- 1 big potato or two small
- 1 big carrot or two small
- 1 medium onion or two small
- 40 g butter
- 1 handful of fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- Remove the skin of the salmon and cut the salmon fillet in smaller pieces.
- Peel carrot, potato and onion. Cut them all into small rings or cubes.
- Take a handful of fresh dill and chop well.
- Add 40g off butter into a pot and let it melt.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 mins.
- Add 1.5l of fish stock, carrots, potatoes and let everything boil for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add your salmon and 250 g of heavy cream. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes until the salmon is fully cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh dill and mix everything together.