Butternut Squash Pumpkin Pasta
As autumn paints the world in hues of amber and gold, one culinary masterpiece takes center stage: Butternut Squash Pumpkin Pasta.
Butternut Squash Pasta is a harmonious blend of flavors. It’s a composition that combines the gentle sweetness of butternut squash with the earthiness of pasta, creating a multi-layered taste experience.
Selecting Fresh Ingredients
The Perfect Butternut Squash: The first step to culinary excellence is selecting the freshest butternut squash.
Choosing the Right Pasta: Not all pasta is created equal. We’ll explore the pasta varieties that best complement the creamy sauce, providing a harmonious blend of textures and flavors.
The Art of Preparing the Sauce
Achieving Creamy Perfection: Crafting the ideal butternut squash pasta sauce requires precision. Learn the techniques to create a velvety sauce that coats your pasta with perfection.
Seasoning for Depth: Elevate your dish with the right blend of seasonings and spices. Delve into the science of herbs and spices that will transform your butternut squash pasta from a simple meal into a culinary masterpiece.
Wine Pairing: From White to Reds
The Versatility of White Wines: Dive into the world of wine pairing, where white wines take center stage.
The crisp acidity and fruity notes of a Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio can complement the natural sweetness of pumpkin.
Bold Reds That Stand Their Ground: For those who prefer red wines, explore the bold options that can hold their own against the savory elements of your dish.
A hearty Merlot or a robust Cabernet Sauvignon can create a delightful contrast, turning each bite into a symphony of flavors.
Butternut Squash Pumpkin Pasta
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 2 small carrots
- 1 yellow/brown onion
- 1 tbsp celery leaves optional
- 1 tbsp oregano fresh or dried
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked chili pepper powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup leek
- 5 cloves garlic
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 100 ml tomato purée
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil for cooking
- 300-350 g pasta
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 20 g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Cut half of the butternut squash into small pieces and put in a baking dish.
- Cut up the brown onion, carrots, celery leaves and oregano and put in the same baking dish as well.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil on the vegetables. Mix everything together and put the baking dish in the oven for 40 mins.
- Slice chili pepper, red onion and leek and put them in a bowl.
- Peel 5 cloves of garlic and press them into the same bowl with a garlic presser.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, remove them from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Remove the squash skin and put everything from the baking tray into a separate bowl.
- Add heavy cream and tomato purée to the same bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Heat up a pan with oil. Once it's heated add garlic, leek and red onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- At the same time boil the pasta in a pot.
- Add the blended paste to the pan and mix everything with a spatula. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the pan and mix well.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan as well. Mix together.
- Last step, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and enjoy!